You will develop a preliminary assessment (2000 words or less) of strengths and weaknesses in each of the following infrastructure topics:
- Public space
- Or a locally important topic.
This assessment will provide an opportunity for you to showcase your understanding of the existing systems in the community.
Maps that visualize existing infrastructure or weak areas, representative images, and stories are all encouraged. Teams must examine how equity, social and environmental justice, and safety effects all areas of their project. Bonus points will be awarded if you clearly address one or two United Nations Millennium Development Goals or United Nations Sustainable Development Goals relevant to your community. Please elaborate on your targets and how you anticipate meeting them with potential community projects.
Checklist of criteria are listed below:
Assessment (<2000 words) that summarizes existing conditions for relevant topics. For each topic include:
- What your community is doing well surrounding this topic
- Gaps in current infrastructure
- Socioeconomic consequences
- Summary of all the topics with visual component
- Targets with respect to UN Development Goals